Our curriculum reflects the Early Years Learning Framework, Being, Belonging and Becoming. Our program provides opportunities for children to explore and learn through their senses, nurturing positive group relationships and encouraging collaborative behaviour. Our education approach supports each child for their uniqueness as well as their individual interests, talents and abilities.
Within our curriculum educators provide:
- Structured and spontaneous activities, using natural and manmade materials from the surrounding environment.
- Provides opportunities for exploration, experimentation, trial and error and discovery.
- Incorporate a school readiness focus, providing children with experiences that prepare them for the transition to school.
- Incorporates play based learning experiences that are structured and open ended.
- Continuously includes concepts of diversity, inclusion and equity. Helping young people develop respect for others, in terms of understanding differences and diversity within the community.
We use a secure web-based software as our main source of communication. It has an application for smart phones/Ipads which makes it extremely easy and convenient to use as well as the option to use it via email. It allows the centre director, educators and parents to easily communicate on a daily basis; through formal and informal communication posts, sharing documentation and photos. Observations and daily reports are also sent out to families to collaborate and share each child’s ongoing development and achievements.
We offer a variety of extracurricular activities, these rotate throughout the year. We are currently participating weekly in a hands-on music class run by an external highly trained music teacher. We are also participating in a weekly sporting program which teaches the children basic skills across a wide variety of different sports. Other extracurricular activities at the centre have included yoga, storytelling, dance classes and many more.